How to get an NYU Study Number
Download Transmittal Form
To request an NYU Study Number, please download a Transmittal Form, and reference the following information to assist with submitting your form. The OCT promises a 48-hour turnaround period for assigning a Study Numbers, due to the large volume of daily requests.
Please reference the NYU Study Numbers and Grant Award Numbers page for an explanation of Study Numbers and Grant Award Numbers.
Transmittal Form Tips (when submitting to OCT)
In order to improve transparency and efficiencies, please reference these helpful tips when submitting a new study protocol application to the Office of Clinical Trials (OCT):
- Download Transmittal Form.
- Download Transmittal Form instructions.
- Select all options that apply to your study. If an option does not apply please check off the selection “No”.
- If your trial is industry-sponsored, please submit your protocol with the transmittal form.
- When submitting your Transmittal Form to the OCT, Department Chair / Head Signature is NOT required.
Submit Transmittal Form
Once the Transmittal Form has been completed, please e-mail it to the Office of Clinical Trials at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After Submitting Your Transmittal Form
Your Study Number should be assigned within 48-hours. Once you have received your Study Number please visit the IRB "For Researchers" webpage for guidance on submitting to the Institutional Review Board, if applicable. Additional IRB web pages that may be useful: